Tuesday, April 08, 2008

'Til the day I die that's the way it's gon' be

Today my friends, we have been freed. Freed from the shackles of Stamkos hoping. Free from the oppressive shackles of the playoffs. Free from the Leafs being good in the next decade and forcing an ugly repeat of 1993 when we thought we had a chance. You see? Other teams are hopeful and optimistic. I know that my team stinks and I can't change that, so what should we do?

Yes sir, today we put our feet up and have a drink while we wait for summer. To that end, I give you a beautiful nugget of wisdom from Poet Laureate "Young Jeezy":

I just left Jamaica I'm talkin' Nachos Rios
Sippin' margaritas on the beach in my Adidas



Said quote and imagery were absolutely not chosen because the song in question is called "Corporate Thuggin". I would never accuse our benevolent overlords at MLSE of using the Leafs and my hopes and dreams to make cash.


No comments: